Since you’ve been putting so much effort lately into your training, I would like to share with you some great recipes as a reward 🙂 I am happy to see your progress and your before and after pictures. I think you guys are awesome and you are obviously working really hard to get where you want to be. I have been able to keep myself in great shape for the past 6 years with my workouts and one thing that I am noticing is that the food I eat, has been affecting me more since I turned 30. It obviously didn’t happen over night, but I can tell you that 4 years ago, my body was responding to things like pasta or pizza with more ease than it does nowadays 🙂 It’s well known that your metabolism naturally slows down after you turn 30 and it tents to decrease even more with each decade. While you can’t stop the aging process completely, you can slow it down by far with regular exercise and healthy and consistent diet.
All that said, we have to start focusing on our diet a little bit more, but we have to have fun with it just like we do with the workouts. I keep my workouts fun, short, and super effective. That has always been my thing. Now when it comes to food, I want my meals to be not only nutritious, but also really tasty and fun as well. The first one in my new series of Z-licious recipes is Healthy Low Calorie Pasta Dinner. Watch the video above for step by step instructions of how to prepare this meal and here is the recipe in a written form as well.
2 Summer Squash (one yellow, one green)
1/4 of a large onion
1/2 a can of Garbanzo Beans also known as chickpeas
about 1 medium size bowl of finely chopped fresh parsley
fresh lemon juice from 1/2 of lemon
2 cloves of garlic
2 tbls extra virgin olive oil.
1. Create squash papperdelle with a peeler (mandoline slicer). Place on a plate and set aside for now.
2. Squeeze the lemon juice into the bowl with parsley.
3. Squish the garlic cloves into the parsley as well and mix it together. Add the chickpeas into the parsley and mix again. Set aside.
4. Chop the onion coarsely.
5. Heat up the olive oil and saute the onion in a medium sauce pan until it turns golden or light brown. Then add the squash papperdelle into the sauce pan as well and saute for another 2 minutes. The last step is to add the parsley mixture with chickpeas and saute for another 1 or 2 minutes. Salt for taste and if you want it to be really yummy, then add some parmesan cheese.
6. Keep the leftovers in refrigerator. You will have an awesome lunch tomorrow!
Let me know how did you enjoy this meal and share some of your recipes!!