- 2 cups Almond flour
- 1/3 cup Coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 2 tbsp Erythritol
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Erythritol
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 3/4 tsp Sea salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Maple extract
- 1 cup Pecans (chopped coarsely, divided)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Add the almond flour, melted coconut oil, melted butter, erythritol, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl, and mix until well combined. Press the dough into the lined pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-14 minutes, until set and golden around the edges.
- Meanwhile, make the caramel topping. Combine all ingredients for the topping (except 1/2 cup pecans) in a small saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil over low heat, stirring constantly. Simmer for 3-5 minutes, until the mixture thickens very slightly and turns caramel in color. Remove from heat. Set aside to let it cool down.
- When the crust is done, pour the caramel topping over it and spread with a spatula into an even layer.
- Sprinkle the remaining chopped pecans on top and press down gently. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the topping is bubbly. Let it cool down completely before you cut the pie carefully into 9 equal bars. Be careful they’re very delicate. Keep them in refrigerated.
Add to my favorite recipes
You can access your own personal list of favorite recipes in the My Account section. Click the My Account button at the top of this page.
You must have an active ZGYM subscription to access the favorites feature.