*Yields 12 mini chicken pot pies. You’re the only one who knows what is an appropriate portion size for you. I suggest you listen to your body, eat when you’re hungry, take your time and stop eating when you’re about 80% full. That’s a good way to avoid overeating and unnecessary fat gain.
Ingredients for the filling:
2 chicken breasts, cooked or roasted and shredded
1 cup frozen green peas
1 medium size carrot thinly shredded
4 small celery stalks chopped into very small pieces
3 scallions chopped
2 large eggs
2 tbsp dry white wine
1 small shallot coarsely chopped
1 medium size clove garlic, minced
1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 tbsp paprika
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup chicken base (better than bouillon)
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp butter
Salt & Pepper
Ingredients for the pie crusts:
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
8 tbsp butter
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. You will need a 12 piece muffin pan and silicone inserts. You can also use the silicone muffin pan. If you’re using regular metal muffin pan, you have to grease it lightly.
- In a large sauce pan heat up the oil and butter over medium heat and add the shallot, celery, carrot and scallions. Sauté until you see the onions turning golden. About 4 minutes.
- Add the white wine, green pease, parsley and garlic. Stir until the white wine evaporates. About 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken base, heavy cream and paprika. Let it simmer for a few minutes until the sauce becomes thicker.
- Add the shredded chicken, mix well and take the sauce pan off the heat and set aside. You can taste it and add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Let’s make the pie crusts. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Crack the eggs and mix them well with the dry ingredients.
- Melt the butter in a medium size sauce pan over medium heat and add the mozzarella cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and warm.
- Transfer the melted warm cheese with butter into the bowl with the dry ingredients mixed with eggs and knead the mixture with your hands until you form a well combined sticky dough.
- Take one third of the dough and set aside. The 2/3 of the dough have to be separated into 12 equal size balls to fill each muffin cup.
- Press each ball into each one of the muffin cups to create the part of the crust where you can pour the filling.
- Spoon the filling into the middle of each muffin – don’t go too overboard so you can cover them with the remaining dough. You won’t use up all of the filling, but that’s ok, just use it on the side when you serve the pot pies. You can can pour some on top of each.
- Take the 1/3 part of the dough you saved and also separated into 12 equal size balls. Press down on each ball to create a flat top cover for each one of your mini pot pies.
- When you cover each filled up muffin with the flattened dough cover, take a sharp knife and cut a small cross into each one.
- Place the muffin tray into the preheated oven and bake for 18-22 minutes until golden brown.
Add to my favorite recipes
You can access your own personal list of favorite recipes in the My Account section. Click the My Account button at the top of this page.
You must have an active ZGYM subscription to access the favorites feature.